With 55 schools and 35,000 students in Kooyong, I am proud to be a part of a Government which is providing record funding for government, Catholic and independent schools.
- We are investing a record $292 billion in total recurrent funding for all schools over the next decade.
- We are working with the state government to improve standards and student performance by reforming the curriculum and providing online learning tools for teachers and parents to better support students.
- Delivering a record $8.6 billion for childcare – benefitting 3,065 local families.
Delivering more funding for apprenticeships
- We are investing more than $3 billion to fund skills, including the establishment of the $525 million Skilling Australians Fund which will create 80,000 new apprenticeships over the next four years.
Record university funding
- Funding for universities is at record levels – over $17 billion a year and set to grow each and every year.
- Our student loan scheme is one of the most generous in the world and ensures domestic students don’t pay up-front fees.
- We are funding the Australian Research Council to provide $3 billion in grants for university research projects over the next four years.