As the Federal Member for Kooyong, my priority is to continue to deliver for my local community. Better health, ageing, disability and education services. Protecting our environment. Backing small business. Supporting new infrastructure projects. And promoting our many volunteer-based organisations and the outstanding work they do. I will continue to listen to my community, work hard for my community to deliver better outcomes for all. Locally I work hard supporting and delivering many initiatives in our community as well as representing you in Canberra. IMPROVING LOCAL ROADS
SUPPORTING SPORTING CLUBS
- $6 million to upgrade local roads under the Roads to Recovery program in Balwyn, Surrey Hills, Mont Albert, Canterbury, Deepdene, Camberwell and Kew.
- $325,200 for local roads under the Black Spot program including on Prospect Hill Road and Station Street, Camberwell and Mont Albert Road, Burke Road and Balwyn Road in Canterbury.
- More than $166,500 in Federal Government Local Sporting Champions grants.
- More than $500,000 to local sporting clubs to upgrade facilities in Kew, Mont Albert North, Camberwell, Hawthorn and Balwyn North.
- $200,000 for CCTVs in Camberwell and Kew.
SUPPORTING OUR ENVIRONMENT
HELPING LOCAL GROUPS
- $900,000 in greening and revegetation programs throughout Kooyong including at Chandler Reserve, Willsmere Park, Yarra Flats, Fairview Park, South Surrey Park, Koonung Creek Reserve, Winfield Park, Maranoa Gardens, Beckett Park and throughout the Yarra River and Koonung Creek corridors.
- $95,000 in grants for solar panels.
- $3.2 million for the establishment of the Greythorn Community Hub, Balwyn North.
- $300,000 to establish a safe house for vulnerable women in Kooyong.
- $165,000 for local projects to honour servicemen and women during the Centenary of Anzac.
- Over $14 million in grants for local business innovation grants in Kooyong.
- $2 million to upgrade the facilities at Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- $500,000 to support Crohn’s and Colitis Australia in Hawthorn to improve early diagnosis and treatment.
- $132,000 in grants to support local volunteers.
- $60,000 for Servants Community Housing through the Kooyong Giving Tree.
- Assisted in the establishment of a headspace youth mental health site in Hawthorn.
- Raised more than $130,000 for cancer research through Boroondara Relay for Life.
- $1.1 million to Ability Works in Kew (Australian Disability Enterprise).
- $5.8 million to Endeavour Foundation in Kew (Australian Disability Enterprise).
- $20,000 to establish the North Balwyn Rotary Men’s Shed.
- $25,000 for upgrades to scout halls and facilities.
- $16,000 for facilities for the Boroondara Stroke Support Hub in Kew.
- $80,000 for equipment and upgrades at local kindergartens and childcare centres.
- $14,000 to upgrade facilities at the Hawthorn Community House.
- $7,000 for equipment at The Green at St Columbs Church, Hawthorn.
- $19,500 for the refurbishment of BASScare facility, one of the largest local meals-on-wheels providers.
- $10,000 for a backup generator for Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- $20,000 for the installation of solar at Carrical House in Hawthorn.
- $19,750 to St Hilary’s Hope for the fit out and alterations to its community facility in Balwyn North
I am truly honoured to represent the residents of Kooyong.