As the Federal Member for Kooyong, my priority is to continue to deliver for my local community. Better health, ageing, disability and education services. Protecting our environment. Backing small business. Supporting new infrastructure projects. And promoting our many volunteer-based organisations and the outstanding work they do – be they sporting, religious or welfare related. I will continue to listen to my community, work hard for my community and partner with my community to deliver better outcomes for all.
Locally I work hard supporting and delivering many initiatives in our community as well as representing you in Canberra.
DELIVERING A GREENER AND CLEANER ENVIRONMENT
- $900,000 in local community grants have been delivered to support greening and revegetating local environments including Chandler Reserve, Willsmere Park, Yarra Flats, and other parks along the Yarra River in Boroondara, Fairview Park in Hawthorn, the Koonung Creek Corridor, Winfield Park, Maranoa Gardens and Beckett Park in Balwyn and South Surrey Park in Surrey Hills.
- Helping local community organisations reduce their power bills with $100,000 in grants for solar panels.
- Delivering a $3.5 billion Climate Solutions Package to reduce Australia’s emissions as we meet our international targets.
- Building Snowy 2.0 and supporting Tasmania’s Battery of the Nation will deliver world class and reliable hydro electricity to millions of Victorian families and businesses.
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY
- Delivering $300,000 to Servants Community Housing to establish a house for vulnerable women in Kooyong.
- Investing over $600,000 in grants to support local sporting infrastructure and local sporting champions across Kooyong.
- Keeping our community safe with $100,000 delivered for CCTVs in Burke Road, Camberwell and $100,000 for CCTVs in Kew Junction.
- Raising more than $116,000 for the Cancer Council of Victoria since our team first participated in the Hawthorn Relay for Life in 2012.
- Raising more than $60,000 in donations from our local community for the residents of Servants Community Housing as part of the annual Kooyong Giving Tree initiative.
- Delivering $2 million to upgrade the kennels and breeding facilities at Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- Assisting in the establishment of a Headspace youth mental health site in Hawthorn.
- Delivering $1.3 million upgrade for Giant Steps autism school in Kew.
- Delivering $3.2 million to establish the North East Community Hub.
- Delivering $900,000 under the Capital Grants Program to assist Alia College in Hawthorn East.
- Delivering $120,000 for Centenary of Anzac Local Grants for commemorative activities.
- Delivering $50,000 for local Armistice grants.
- Delivering more than $550,000 in Stronger Communities small capital grants for local community organisations including:
- $20,000 to establish the North Balwyn Rotary Men’s Shed at Macleay Park.
- More than $25,000 for upgrades to scout halls in Kew, Canterbury and Camberwell.
- $16,000 for facilities for the Boroondara Stroke Support Group Community Centre in Kew.
- $16,000 to upgrade facilities at the Hawthorn Community House.
- $7,000 for equipment at The Green at St Columbs Church, Hawthorn.
- More than $80,000 in grants to local kindergartens and childcare centres in Camberwell, Hawthorn, Surrey Hills, Hawthorn, Balwyn North and Kew.
- Delivering $19,500 for the refurbishment of BASScare Canterbury Centre which is one of the largest local meals on wheels providers.
- Delivering $10,000 for a backup generator for Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- Delivering $20,000 for the installation of solar at Carrical House in Hawthorn.
- Delivering $19,750 to St Hilary’s Hope for the fit out and alterations to its community facility in Balwyn North.
- Raising more than $130,000 for cancer research through Relay for Life.
- Raising more than $60,000 for Servants Community Housing through the Kooyong Giving Tree.
I am truly honoured to represent the residents of Kooyong.
As always, if I can be of any assistance please contact me.