As the Federal Member for Kooyong, my priority is to continue to deliver for my local community. Better health, ageing, disability and education services. Protecting our environment. Backing small business. Supporting new infrastructure projects. And promoting our many volunteer-based organisations and the outstanding work they do – be they sporting, religious or welfare related. I will continue to listen to my community, work hard for my community and partner with my community to deliver better outcomes for all. Locally I have worked hard supporting and delivering many initiatives in our community as well as representing you in Canberra. IMPROVING LOCAL ROADS
SUPPORTING SPORTING CLUBS
- Delivered $6 million to upgrade local roads in Kooyong under the Roads to Recovery program in Balwyn, Surrey Hills, Mont Albert, Canterbury, Deepdene, Camberwell and Kew.
- Delivered $325,200 for local roads in Kooyong under the Black Spots program including on Prospect Hill Road and Station Street, Camberwell and Mont Albert Road, Burke Road and Balwyn Road in Canterbury.
- Delivered more than $166,500 in Federal Government Local Sporting Champions grants.
- Delivered more than $500,000 to local sporting clubs to upgrade facilities in Kew, Mont Albert North, Camberwell, Hawthorn and Balwyn North.
- Delivered $200,000 for CCTVs in Camberwell and Kew.
SUPPORTING OUR ENVIRONMENT
HELPING LOCAL GROUPS
- Delivered $900,000 for local environmental and landcare projects to support greening and revegetating local environments including Chandler Reserve, Willsmere Park, Yarra Flats, and other Parks along the Yarra River in Boroondara, Fairview Park in Hawthorn, the Koonung Creek Corridor, Winfield Park, Maranoa Gardens and Beckett Park in Balwyn and South Surrey Park in Surrey Hills.
- Helping local community organisations reduce their power bills with $95,000 in grants for solar panels.
- Delivered $3.2 million for the establishment of the Greythorn Community Hub, Balwyn North.
- Delivered $300,000 to establish a safe house for vulnerable women in Kooyong.
- Delivered over $165,000 for local projects that honour the contribution of our servicemen and women during the Centenary of Anzac.
- Backing local innovation with over $14 million in grants for local businesses in Kooyong.
- Delivered $2 million to upgrade the facilities at Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- Delivered $500,000 to support Crohn’s and Colitis Australia in Hawthorn to improve early diagnosis and treatment.
- Delivered $132,000 in grants to support local volunteers.
- Raised more than $60,000 for Servants Community Housing through the Kooyong Giving Tree.
- Assisted in the establishment of a headspace youth mental health site in Hawthorn.
- Raised more than $130,000 for cancer research through Boroondara Relay for Life.
- Delivered $1.1 million to Ability Works in Kew (Australian Disability Enterprise).
- Delivered $5.8 million to Endeavour Foundation in Kew (Australian Disability Enterprise).
- Delivered $20,000 to establish the North Balwyn Rotary Men’s Shed.
- Delivered $25,000 for upgrades to scout halls and facilities.
- Delivered $16,000 for facilities for the Boroondara Stroke Support Hub in Kew.
- Delivered $80,000 for equipment and upgrades at local kindergartens and childcare centres.
- Delivered $14,000 to upgrade facilities at the Hawthorn Community House.
- Delivered $7,000 for equipment at The Green at St Columbs Church, Hawthorn.
- Delivered $19,500 for the refurbishment of BASScare which is one of the largest local meals on wheels providers.
Delivered $10,000 for a backup generator for Guide Dogs Victoria in Kew.
- Delivered $20,000 for the installation of solar at Carrical House in Hawthorn.
- Delivered $19,750 to St Hilary’s Hope for the fit out and alterations to its community facility in Balwyn North