A strong economy means that we can deliver the essential services that Australians rely on – with record funding on the things that matter for Australians, like health and education while investing in state of the art infrastructure to drive productivity and a brighter future.
- More than 1.3 million new jobs created since coming to Government.
- Unemployment has fallen to the lowest level in seven years.
- Lowest proportion of working age Australians on welfare in 30 years.
- Delivering a surplus of $7.1 billion, the first in more than a decade.
- Providing immediate tax relief for more than 10 million Australians of up to $1,080 a year or $2,160 for dual income families.