FEDERAL ECONOMIC SUPPORT FOR VICTORIA THROUGH COVID-19
The Morrison Government will continue to provide significant, targeted, direct economic support for Victoria, including a Temporary COVID Disaster Payment of up to $500 per week for workers who are unable to earn an income as a result of health restrictions, which last for more than one week.
COVID-19 SUPPORT FOR VICTORIA
- Over $45.2 billion in direct Federal economic support has flowed to Victorian families and businesses during COVID-19.
- On a per capita basis, more economic support has been delivered to Victoria than any other state or territory.
- The Morrison Government has delivered around three times more direct economic support to Victoria than the state government.
TEMPORARY COVID DISASTER PAYMENT
- Rapid support for workers in a Commonwealth-declared hotspot who are unable to earn an income as a result of health restrictions, which last for more than one week.
- Up to $500 per week for losing 20 hours or more of work.
- Up to $325 per week for losing under 20 hours of work.
ADDITIONAL ONGOING SUPPORT
- Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment of $1,500 and the Crisis Payment for National Health Emergency (COVID-19) continue to be available.
- For businesses that experience losses, the loss carry-back measure is available to boost cash-flow at the end of the financial year.
- An additional $41 billion of COVID-related economic support has been provided through this year’s Budget.
FREE MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT FOR KOOYONG
Kooyong locals continue to have access to additional mental health support at the HeadtoHelp hub in Hawthorn, located at 378 Burwood Road, Hawthorn. HeadtoHelp is part of the Morrison Government’s $31.9 million mental health package to further enhance the mental health support available to Victorians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To learn more, visit headtohelp.org.au or call HeadtoHelp on 1800 595 212 to speak to an experienced mental health professional.